The First Burn Session
The first time you burn your candle should be a session long enough to allow the melted wax pool to reach all the way to the edges of the jar. This usually takes at least 1 hour and will help your candle burn evenly and cleanly. Its also important to never burn your candle for a session longer than 4 hours.
Do I have to trim the wick?
Although Boyfriend Candle is made with self-trimming wicks, it is best to give it a trim to about 1/4'' whenever possible. This allows the candle to burn cleaner and more evenly. If the wick has a "mushroom tip", emits black smoke, or the flame flickers, it may be time to trim the wick to a proper length.
Can I repurpose the jar and bag?
Absolutely! The bag is ready to be immediately repurposed. When the candle is finished, use a utensil to pull out the excess wax & wick from the jar. Wash the inside of the jar with detergent and hot water and you're all set! Use the jars to store household goods, serve margaritas, or decorate with around your home!
About Soy Wax
Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. The U.S. grows the vast majority of the world's soybeans, primarily in Illinois, Indiana, and Iowa. Candles made with soy wax will burn cleanly and slowly. The wax is carbon-neutral and eco-friendly as a renewable resource. On the other hand, paraffin wax is made from petroleum oil, a resource that is not renewable. We care about the planet and quality of the product, that's why we choose soy.
- Never leave your burning candle unattended.
- Burn candle in a well-ventilated room and keep away from drafts or air currents.
- Keep candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candle free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings.
- Burn candle on a level, fire-resistant surface.
- Do not handle or move a burning candle, only handle when wax has cooled.
- Do not burn candle for session longer than 4 hours.